Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Blog 8 Give examples of the different types of natural selection. Give an example for each.

There are many different types of natural selection but here are two.


One example of natural selection would be Stabilizing selection : this is when two traits are used to create a third trait that uniforms the two other traits so that they wont be so far alike.For example, when I take a shower in the morning in order for me to be comfortable with the water I have to balance out the water between hot and cold, which makes warm. That is how i become comfortable with taking a shower.




Another example would be Directonal selection, this type of selection is used to pick out one specific trait. For example , say if I only want to choose a house with a pool I would locate all the houses near me that have pools. This way I'm choosing exactly what I want.


No comments:

Post a Comment